Mediation in the District of Columbia (Washington, DC)
- Last Updated on Friday, 03 May 2013 19:50
The benefits of mediation are many:
- Disputes can be addressed and resolved quickly. They are not stuck in the congested dockets of today’s courts. The typical mediation takes less than a day to resolve. However, complex cases, or cases involving many parties, may take longer.
- In the vast majority of cases, mediation is less expensive than litigation. No discovery or depositions are required (although some discovery may have taken place in connection with the court case), and attorney and expert witness hours are usually much lower.
- Given the collaborative nature of the mediation process, it is easier to maintain a good relationship with the other party, which is often an important business consideration.
- Your business is subject to less disruption and lost employee time is greatly reduced.
- The parties control the outcome; it is not left to a judge or jury.
McMurray Dispute Resolution, Inc. is dedicated to providing a cost-effective and efficient alternative to litigation in Washington, DC. Christopher M. McMurray, President of MDRI, was a litigator for 19 years and knows the needs of business clients and their attorneys.
412 Tyler Place
Alexandria, VA 22302
Phone: (703) 548 -4878
Fax: (703) 548 -4878
ABA Section of Dispute Resolution
District of Columbia Bar
Virginia State Bar
FINRA Arbitraton Panel
FINRA Mediation Panel
AAA Asbestos Panel
800 MHz Transition Administrator Mediator Panel
DC Superior Court Mediator and Peer Reviewer
Virginia Certified Circuit Court Civil Mediator